Great way to start your day when the weather’s cold and you can’t get yourself in the mood for your run/workout just yet. This breakfast is good if you are generally very active, into endurance type training and have a high carbohydrate target.
What you need:
- 50 g whole oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- ground cinnamon
- drizzle honey (about 5 g)
- 25 g raisins
- 15 g pecans
- 1 medium apple
What to do with it:
- Weigh your oats before cooking
- Chop up the apple in small chunks and weigh out the pecans and raisins. Set to the side.
- Add water to the pan and boil your oats on the hob. Stay with the pan as they can easily overcook. Make sure they don’t boil too dry as the protein powder will also absorb water. Keep the oats a bit wetter than you normally would.
- When cooked, turn down the heat to low/medium and add the protein powder, cinnamon, raisins and apple. Allow the apple to soften a little in the hot oats. Keep stirring.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add your toppings of pecans and a drizzle of honey.
Macros for these quantities:
30 g protein, 80 g carbohydrate, 16 g fat and 10 g fiber (575 kcal).
Play around with the quantities if these don’t work for your targets.
Want lower carb? Reduce the oats/raisins.
Want a more balanced meal? Add more pecans or a spoon of high fat Greek yogurt for extra protein and fat.
Leave a comment if you need help.